Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro does not sync after merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicsniper

Programmer
Jun 1, 2005
US
Hey gang,
R6.1.20 on both IP500v2 and VMPro. VM ports fall to zero, no recordings. When merging the config for voicemail passcode changes or name changes, the VMPro intermittently requires you to restart VMPro services to sync it to create the account in the VM directories or passcode.

I know sync doesn't occur until VM ports are idle but this is a different case where VM is operational but flat refuses to sync. Is there a Windows update affecting it or something else? IMHO, you shouldn't be required to sync it although on r-eally busy systems, I've had to resort to it over the years. Just saying that on an idle VMPro system, there's no reason for it (that I'm aware of).

Are you doing this remotely?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

We are doing our changes from the Manager application loaded on the vm pro server, which is local to the IP Office.

But are you physically at the server or Remote Desktop connecting to it? If the latter you need to stop :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

That was going to be my suggestion.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

the change is in the phone system and the voicemail is a different animal. If you change a password and merge the config in then the password should be OK, however I have seen it go wanky before and had to delete the password to make it work with just # to be able to get it going again. can't remember the release but 6.1.XX sounds right
RDP has nothing to do with this guys

Does the voicemail take the change when you restart the service?
If not then the actual problem might be the IPO not updating the voicemail rather than the voicemail not taking the info

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Google it you damn kids

Joe,
When it stops working, VM passcode changes or the creation of the new vm account folder for the user [based on the name change] don't happen. Suckerpunch the service and vola - password works or the folder then appears. A VM debug may be needed here.

Vance

check the firewall on the server again, maybe an upgrade or an eager person turned it back on, if it is on run the firewall batch file.

Those things can drive you nuts

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Google it you damn kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back