Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro cutting off greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Pair

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2012
US
I have a VMPro. It was 4.0.27 on an IPO 406 r4.1.12. Complaint was that they were transferring calls to users mailboxes using the transfer # (short code= #1xx/Voicemail collect/#1N)
When the user does the Transfer # ext number, it goes to MOH, then a ring or 2, then you hear 2 seconds of the greeting and BEEP. If I call the ext directly it plays the whole greeting. If I go into the mailbox and listen, I hear the whole greeting.
I upgraded the 4.0.27 to a 4.1.40. I watch the system status, it goes to the #mailbox extnumber. Has anyone ever seen this craziness?? I read one post that mentioned antivirus. It is very odd. Sometimes if you right click a file it opens a Symantec Antivirus thing that says it couldn't acces some drive. The symantec isn't used. I tried to uninstall it, but it still comes up.

Rerecord the greeting and test. If the VMPro hears a 1, it will go to the beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back