Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro and Duvoice on same IP500V2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mforrence

Vendor
Aug 7, 2004
US
Existing customer that has existing IP500V2 and VMPro. They bought a hotel and want to integrate the property management solution. Duvoice already has this built. In a perfect world, we'd simply have both systems. Hotel rooms would be forwarded busy/no answer to Duvoice, while non-hotel users would have voicemail supported by VMPro via the standard method. Thoughts?
Mike

Duvoice can interface either via analog stations or SIP stations (which adds some potential functionality). WORST case, I could add another IP500 box and put hotel rooms on it with Duvoice. However, I'd rather not...
Mike

How does MWI work then or isn't there any? Why wouldn't simply forwarding on no answer/busy with VM off work for those users, as you can manipulate their VM collect to go elsewhere etc :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

With Duvoice - MWI is controlled via TAPI so they've got that worked out. If I could find a way to directly link Property Management to IP Office without building from scratch, I would. Since Duvoice already has it built, that appears to be the "cleaner" solution - essentially using Duvoice box as middleware.

As far as simple forwarding hotel phones to Duvoice box - I don't know if it would actually open the box for "leave message" (to put it in VMPro terms).

I'm waiting for a return call from Duvoice folks - however I suspect that they won't have experience on using their product and VMPro on same system.
Thanks!
Mike

just chuck it all out and put an Alcatel Omni PCX in there, it has a hotel mode built into it! ;-)

And the answer from Duvoice is..... sure, it will work fine along side VMPro. HSM - thanks for the sosoftware link - that actually looks like the preferred product for our application. However, their docs say they are DevConnect tested, I can't find reference to them on DevConnect website.

So, stars all around for playing along, thanks!
Mike

Soho workes although not with 6.0.8
they wait untill the next release before rewrite there software.
they want less bugs.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

By "next release" do you mean next major (ie 7.0), next minor (ie 6.1) or next maintenance (ie 6.0.X)?
Cheers!
Mike

The next 6.0

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back