Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMP LX issues. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchell70

Technical User
Apr 13, 2016
US
I am looking for insight from everyone. I have an account that the VMP LX-U40 w(the DSP U30 and the 2.0.2.0 CF 512 8) it was loosing its recording storage over the course of 3 months, I performed a factory reset and that helped a little but not enough. We ordered a replacement ( that was the same except it was a 256 CF) and loaded that up with the saved database from earlier in the year and that gave a disk full warning and went from 9hrs of recording time to only 57 minutes. I defaulted the replacement and it only shows the 57 minutes of recording space even after the factory default.
Now after the database was loaded it showed 0 recording space avail even on the new one and would not transfer to any mailbox only the Opening greeting everytime

Any ideas or help on how to get the recording space higher, I am desperate at this point the customer will not upgrade and it is a Police Barracks. NEC will not assist due to the age.

If you can log into the blade, run some reports and see which mail boxes have large numbers and which have not been accessed in a while. Delete the messages and/or mailboxes. Check the system boxes also.

Thsnks For responding Belvedere,
I've already done a few different times. The real issue here than I can't explain is one I put the replacement card in load the database do exactly what you said and the memory still drops to miniscule amounts of recording space. When I go into putty and do a factory reset it doesn't seem to bring it back to a factory setting. So now I'm looking further ahead to see if anyone else has any ideas on how I can correct this and make it work effectively.

When I state I bring it back to the factory default settings the mailboxes are all gone but the recording space does not increase back to a factory set up

Possibly, there are too many back ups saved on the HDD. Look for excessively large files/additional drives.

That may be a strong possibility. I was have been thinking about that. Will be going back tomorrow, will send update afterwards.

Thanks again

what about the replog files ... are they being copied over to your new blades?

Everything both Belvedere and Ron L2 advised worked tremendously. In addition I reached out to AVST and they made reference to in article on the entr'acte knowledge base That made specific recommendations for this issue.

That voicemail is backup to 31 hours of recording time

Thank you both for your assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back