Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMP and Putty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roysanders

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
I need to know how to connect to a VMP with Putty and and change the time.
Thanks for any help.

Why do you keep starting new threads? Anyway, it's way too complicated to try to explain here. Someone else on here might want to do it, but it involves passwords to the Linux software and voice mail software. Your best bet is to call your local NEC vendor who installed the voice mail and have them connect it to the network and your problem is solved. You will never have to change the time or worry about it again!!

Putty won't work you will need cosessions(nec propriatary vterm) and a password to log in to it.

<Putty won't work you will need cosessions(nec propriatary vterm) and a password to log in to it.>

Actually, that depends on the platform. CoSession will not work with the newer LX versions. They are Linux based and not OS/2 like the older ones.

#1 - I highly suggest an experienced NEC vendor to do this, however, NEC has posted publicly on their website the clockfix for all systems. See >> Reseller Support >> Technical Documentation >> System Documentation and at the top see the links highlighted in gray, select "Learn how Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes affect NEC products." ...

or same as going here
This has the clockfix + patch for DST and instructions on how to set access to a timeserver and run the timeconfig at the linux command prompt.

Now for what it doesn't tell you...

1) Firstly check the board to make sure it is a VMP model.
2) Secondly, the flash card should say whether it is Elitemail LX or not.
3) Grab a copy of Putty and WinSCP off the internet. (google it, free)
4) Connect WinSCP to the system using tcp port 22. The default IP if I recall is 169.254.0.1 so you'll need a cross over unless it's already on a network in which case you'll need the IP address.
5) The log-in part I can't post here so hopefully you know this, or you'll have to PM me offline.
6) Copy the clockfix patch over to the VM system's root / directory.
7) Now use the drop down menu in WinSCP to access the terminal window for Putty and you may be prompted for a password again.
8) Use maintenance menu to shutdown the voicemail.
9) Wait...
10) Wait some more...
11) When finished, log out of the maintenance window
12) Exit to command prompt and navigate to root cd /
13) Follow the 'structions above on NEC's site to unzip and apply the fix/set the time
14) run clocktune to verify the time
15) Reboot the board.
16) Donate me money...just kidding. Good luck.

-Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back