Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vmcheckxxx CORBA communication errors (195)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywalker1957

Technical User
Nov 21, 2008
US
I've upgraded one of my master servers to Netbackup Enterprise Server version 7.0.1 running on top of Red Hat 2.6 x86 64-bit.

When I try to run and of the volume manager commands against media server of version 7.0 and below, they hang for a long time and then fail with a CORBA communication error (195). I checked all the file permissions on the related files in /usr/openv/volmgr/bin and they are 555 as they should be and my DNS and /etc/resolv.conf are working fine. I did notice that with the vmoprcmd command, there is a -d switch to allow me to query legacy versions of Netbackup and that works, although the output is of a different format which I've adapted to suit my needs. I don't see such options for the other vm series of commands. I can use ssh keys to get around this on my Unix servers, but for my Windows media server, this is presenting me with a really difficult problem.

Has anyone seen this also? Were you able to find a solution?

I've emailed the backline engineers at Symantec and have gotten zero response so far.

Thanks!

Unknown really
We always keep our media and master servers at the exact same level.
It seems to avoid issues like this.

Please post your solution once you have one!

I found out this was caused by a faulty port in my Brocade switch. I moved the cable to a new port and it corrected the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back