Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vMCD Username and Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

pea123

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
Greetings.
I have recently installed a virtual Mitel MCD 3300 but unable to login. Is there a default username and password?

When you install this one of the first things it does is ask you to set the user name and password.

You need to run from the console if you have not already done so

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The username and password that I put during set up is failing to login and on the vmware terminal.

when you deploy teh ova and then power it up you get sent directly to the console
it asks for password server name domain ip address etc and then reboots
when it comes up again , you can lo back into that same interface as admin and the password or root and the password

you should set local networks to allow the local data network access and then manage it from the webpage

ipaddress\server-manager
for this the username is admin and the password

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you for your response I managed with admin and password. On another note I would like to know if there are some trial licenses for the vMCD? All the licenses are on zero but I wanted to run a trial before paying for an actual license.

Try before you buy is not available without a valid sw assurance and application record.

If this is a vMCD purchased through a dealer you should have been given a Application Record ID which you use to sync with the Mitel AMC and obtain the basic license package which includes 16 IP User Licenses.

Unfortunately I did not get it through a dealer.The vMCD software CD was just lying around and I decided to use for lab. How then do I get the 16 IP user licenses?

You need to talk to a dealer that will sell you one .
Probably best to state your general location and someone will offer up a local dealer

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

If it has been lying around long enough there is a chance the SWA expired and you won't be able to retrieve the licenses. The vMCD has some different license restrictions than a physical controller.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back