Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

commtech

Technical User
Mar 1, 2002
US
How do I know if my v-mail mod. is going bad???
007 MLM 4 port
Some users red lights stay on after the mesg. are cleared.
Stay on for a full day , but then go off and seem to work OK????

Dial each port directely it should answer,if not then you have a bad port.Most of the time for delayed messages or usually the problem either you don't have enough TTR(touch tone receiver)or you have bad TTR.check a previous post (Delayed messages)about the same thing,maybe it will help you.

Good Luck.

Commtech,

Does this happen frequently? I've seen this sporadically, usually after a change in the phone system.

Does it happen to only a certain set of users? If so, it is unlikely to be the voicemail system itself. Try putting the problem extensions on a different PBX module and see if the problem follows the user or stays with the module.

Do the "stuck" message lights clear if the person calls himself, leaves himself a message, gets his message, and then deletes it? If they turn off and stay off for a number of weeks, I don't think you have a problem. If they stay on after doing this, and if your desk sets are black, then you might try putting a small piece of electrical tape over the light on the phone. [wink]

Let us know!

The message light on/off command is issued by one of the voicemail ports. If all ports are busy, or if there is a lot of voicemail traffic the system will "choose" to take the next message rather than turn on/off a light. This is seen as a lower priority.

Depending on voicemail usage and number of users on the system, 4 ports might not be enough. Test further before upgrading, but keep in mind it may come to that.

has anyone made changes to the system lately?, maybe renumbered ports or moved extensions?, I would check my vmail ports and make sure they are all in the DCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back