Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
I recently had to make a change to our emergency vm box. Users were complaining that they couldn't change the pager number from their cell phones. I asked our phone support about this and they had me go into the vm box's settings and check the option for short prompts. While this fixed the users ability to be able to change the pager number on their cell phones, it took away the time stamp on messages. I know that's what this option does, but is there any way to turn the time stamp on without turning off short prompts?
I basically told the users that if I put the time stamp option back on, it will break them being able to change pager remotely.

Well they can press 72 while listening to the messages to hear the timestamp.
But it's not clear to me how setting to Short Prompts helped them change the pager number. Seems like there should be a better answer.

Thanks for the reply. I was told that our phone system didn't like the length of the tones that came from cell phones so it just ignored them causing the people to not be able to change the number. I tried the 72 method you mentioned and it worked great. I told the pager people about this and I think they should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back