Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Trans Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubla

MIS
Dec 23, 2002
US
Hope your reading TouchTone I need more of your wisdom!

R7 Processor and Messaging. (2) 308EC and (1) 012. How would you make the VM module pickup immediately on line 6 so that everyone from outside the office can call in on that specific line to check their messages? How do you change the number of rings it takes...or better yet how do you configure it from start to finish. Currently (somehow, I don't remember) I have it picking up on Line 6 after 2 rings. HOWEVER, when they try to leave a message for an extension it rings 6 times before going to voicemail and the administrator said it was ringing the phones (as if being transferred to the extension first) before going to voicemail. They want it, and I have it at other clients, to go straight to voicemail if they're leaving a message from the outside without first ringing the extension?? I just can't remember how I do this stuff since I do Partner's so rarely and I need to know now! haha...

Also, I'm assuming there is no way to change the brightness of the green lights on the phones? Or make the message light blink? All requests from users...

Thanks in advance!

If line six is being answered by the auto attendandt just change the ring delay from 2 to 0.
1) feature 00
2) left intercom
3) left intercom
4) #506
5) mode = 1 for day or 2 for night (change both)
6) line number 06
7) 0
8) feature 00

You are getting 6 rings because of the 2 ring delay before voice mail picks up and the 4 rings before the extension covers to voicemail. By changing the ring from 2 to 0 and by programming a DND on the users phone (and turning it on when the user leaves or doesn't want to answer a call) the call will go directly to voicemail.

There are certain phones out there with dim button lights, all you can do is replace the phone and hope you get a good one.Try the new style.

The message light is what it is and can't be changed.

You could also make AA2 answer line 6, then use selector codes to go directly to mailboxes instead of extensions. If you have a lot of extensions, you may need to use selector codes to submenus to mailboxes.

So in other words, when calling into voicemail, a user cannot simply go straight into a mailbox and leave a message? It will always ring the extension unless you use a directory or selector codes?

If you want line 6 answered immediately so "users" can log into their voice mail, they just have to press *7 once they hear the AA. Then it is just as if they are at their phones, mailbox followed by #, password followed by #...

No, you can't go straight to a mailbox to leave a message, the auto attendant will always transfer you to the extension first, ring and cover back to the mailbox. If the extension is in DND, THEN it will go immediatly. Selector codes have the option to transfer directly to mailboxes, but not when dialing 2 digit extension numnbers.

Since it sounds like they WANT to play voice mail tag, by just leaving messages, why not have them log into their OWN mailbox and press 1 to SEND a message. That way, the message is tagged with who it is from, and the receiptant can press 1 to respond.

Do not aasociate a phone with the VM boxes. They should go straight to the MB then. (this would also stop calls transferred to an ext from going to the MB, I think) (never tried VMS cover with an ext whos VM box has no phone associated. This would make all AA transfers go to VM box without ringing the phone.) So here is another option.
Also consider phantom MB's that copy the message to their main box, the phantom MB not given the status of having a phone. They would need to set up the phantom MB as well as their own in this setup.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

aarenot:

I had actually thought about the phantom mailbox idea last night and that just might work. Also, while reading all of your responses I wondered if by not associating any mailbox with a phone if it would always go straight to vm instead of ringing the ext?

Anybody ever tried that?

Yes, TouchTone you are the king of Partner once again. This indeed was the case. However, thankfully, all of this was simply a matter of user education. When they called into the voicemail system they were hitting the extension number immediately, which in turn transferred them to the phone and rang it. By hitting *7 and getting into their mailbox they were able to send messages and do whatever without a problem.

Whoo...no big deal.

I forgot about no lights TTT, good save. If the *7 works for them don't bother with the phtm mb's, but I think that is the easiest end user solution, using phntms. they would go to mb, regular to ring phone, give phntms mb #'s identical pluss 100, mb 110, mb 111, etc.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back