Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM to EMAIL stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxse

Technical User
Dec 2, 2011
US
Any places to check other than the standard settings smtp, email address and its turned on to forward message. Also, the internet connection to the IPO is fine because we are using SIP.

Essential or Pro?

You can set up the account on your laptop and see if you get out that way... then it's IT.

If the SMTP server is on a different LAN to your IPO, do you have correct IP routes to the gateway of the data Lan, both in your IPO and the router/firewall?

Inter.bmp

The smtp server is remote and is functioning fine, I setup a test through outlook. As far as the routes in the IPO I have it set to all 0s so I am assuming that would allow anything through?

IP 0.0.0.0
mask 0.0.0.0
your default gateway

that is the usual route for it.

You can also log into SSA and ping from there and see if it works

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Very odd that it just stopped working?

Did you reboot the IPO? Pretty common issue for us. A reboot fixes it.

outlook does encrypted authentication. IPO does not. You can look in the faqs section to find the way to send email via telnet. You can also look on the web to find how to send email via encryption. Chances are good that your email provider requires auth encryption.

changed port 25 to port 587 and now it works!

I had that recently turned out to be something to do with Exchange blocking port 25.... IT department sorted it....

Normally its a firewall / spyware issue.

Avaya, Alcatel, Panasonic, 3com NBX, Swyx, 3cx
----------
Avaya ACIS SME
Alcatel ACFE

Jack of all, Master of none!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back