Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM TO Email problem 500V2 8.0 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus63

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
US
I have a client that has just replaced the PC running VM Pro to a windows 7 machine. The program runs properly for a day or two then voicemail to email stops working. The VM still answers and takes msg's lights phones but just stops sending out msg's. I did some testing with the email program and it sends out. The only two ways to get it back up again is 1. reset PC or 2. stop and restart the services? What should I be looking at the PC or VM Pro? It is as if the VM Pro program can no longer see the email program.

Debug will show what's happening when it can't connect to the smtp server. It'll give up when the buffer gets full. Happens on R9 across the board too.

ah, what's the point?

You can also upgrade to 8.1 and run it that way but it doesn't seem like a generic 8.0 problem it is a combination of PC, programs and 8.0 somehow.
You can enable the log file for SMTP sending in the vmpro client and it will create a log file for every attempt to contact the SMTP server.
easier to read than the debug and you can pick each event separately but you need to restart the service after enabling that option.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Ok thanks for the input I'll try that next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back