Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM to email attachments stopped sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sootstable

Programmer
Dec 8, 2011
GB
Hi guys,

Got an issue with an NS700 where the PBX has stopped sending emails with voicemail attachments. The weird thing is that if I send a test email (Maintenance/Utility/Email Notification/Test Email), it sends fine, so I know there's no issue with the SMTP server. The feature has worked fine for the best part of 3 years and started to play up about 4 months ago where it would send fine for a few weeks and then stop for a few weeks and then send for a few weeks etc, but now they just won't send at all. Obviously, 'Attach Voice File' is set to 'yes' on the relavant users.
The email addresses that I'm trying to send to are working fine as I can send test emails to them from the PBX (as above) and the user receives them. When I look at the Email Report on the PBX, the test ones are sre showing as 'Sent' whereas the ones with the attachments are showing as 'Sending' or 'Failed', depending on how old they are on the report.
The customers' IT are (obviously) saying it's nothing to do with them and they've made no changes on the LAN etc.
The PBX is on 009.00013 firmware, although when the issue started it was on 008.30047 firmware.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ric

Hey there,

Is the PBX using a SMTP address that's using a SMTP relay? You may not have a "verified sender" authentication based off of your hosts DNS records. If you're using Gmail or Office365, there are other issues with those going back about a year now related to MFA.

Also, make sure you verify that the sending email is the same on the SMTP page in the Network section, as well as in the Um Configuration -> 5. System Parameters -> Email Option (Tab at the top, you'll have to hit the arrow on the far right)

Make sure your mail address is the same there.

Hi Tele,

Thanks for the reply and apologies for not replying sooner.

The mail address is the same in both fields, so we're all good there.

Is there a way to 'clear out' the emails in Utility/File Delete? Just wondering if it might be clogged up, hence why it's saying 'Sending' on the reports?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back