Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro used in Hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enuff2bdangerous

Programmer
Dec 30, 2005
US
Has anyone set up a VM Pro in a Hotel environment? I am installing a IPO in a location that has a few rooms that they would like voicemail turned on. I am not sure how to “lock” the mailboxes down. I don’t want them to be able to change greeting, password, etc… The only thing I came up with is to record a prompt in the get mail call flow for that user. Just repeat the prompt a few times and hope they don’t wait until the end to hear all their options. I know I could change the default wave (775.wav: "To record messages press 1 to get messages press 2 to administer personal greetings press 3".(, but I don’t want to confuse everyone not in a room. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

are you using intuity or ip office mode?

in ip office mode it gives less options and you can disable voicemail help to minimize anyone getting to options...of course if they just peck around they will still find them.

im thinking on this one...

I am using intuity mode. I know I can "hide" the prompts, but you know some kid will start hitting buttons. I was also trying to think of a good way to just reset the box after every person checks out with out having to go into the folder and manually do it.

What if and this is a what if you put your VM server into safe mode and changed the permissions of the greetings folder so nothing could be written/modified. I dont think it would work but any thing is worth a try.

don't do the permissions
even with vmlite it won't work
vm can't make or edit the mailboxes

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back