Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro : Short code does not return to module properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyoung85

Technical User
Feb 13, 2016
CA
I have an ICR pointing to a module in VM Pro with a menu. In this menu a caller can dial an extension directly with 3?? pointing to $KEY. When a caller dials an extension that doesn't exist it falls to the system short code ? with the voicemail node feature. The short code in VM Pro is called Invalid it plays a generic message (this entry is invalid) and then sends the caller back to the original Menu. When it transfers back to this menu I sometimes hear a loud buzz and sometimes I hear the right menu but the message is already played half way... As if the message never stopped playing while the caller is going through the short code...

I've used this route in many systems without issues. IPO = 8.1 (79) VM Pro is also 8.1

The simplest thing would be to add a "Test Variable" action that checks that $KEY matches an valid extension or hunt group number with the No Match result linked to an generic action that plays your invalid prompt and then loops back to the start of the sequence (and the Extn and Hunt Group results linking to the Transfer action).

If you don't want to make that change, then you really need a 3XX system short code that links to the invalid module - using ? seems very odd to me.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back