Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vm pro leave messages for numerous users

Status
Not open for further replies.

pralph

Programmer
Aug 18, 2011
US
I am working on an IPO 8.0 with a VM Pro 8.0. I of course am able to record a message and send it to a distribution list, but this process is a little cumbersome. I am trying to make a vm module that goes directly to a leave message action that will put the message in numerous mailboxes. That way I can just create numerous modules and point short codes to them and the customer would only need to dial the short code to leave the message. Does anyone know of a way to do this or something similar to it. The distribution list option is freaking crazy stupid, the amount of steps it takes to leave a message that is. I am running in intuity mode by the way.

Thanks
Phil

Can you be a little more specific? I am not sure what you mean by "groups" but it sounds like you are wanting the user to set up a group (distribution list) and then create a message and send it to that group. If that is what you mean, then that is the exact scenario that my customer doesn't like.

I think amriddle01 is saying to voicemail enable a huntgroup and put all of the desired mailboxes you want to receive the message in that huntgroup. Check "broadcast" for the huntgroup so that an individual copy of messages left for the huntgroup are delivered to each member mailbox instead of one message left at the huntgroup.

This works so long as the recipients aren't needing to be defined every time a new message is left.

Setup a call flow that is edit playlist, set the filename to something generic as it doesn't matter. Have it do a next into generic. In the specific enter: FWD:ext#ext#ext## Keep the list going for as many extensions that you want to receive the message. Just make sure after the last one is the ## to tell the system you are done and to send it. This will send the created message to all the people in the FWD list.

Rich
ACIS/ACSS - IP Office

Rquin's sugestion will work
& was the only way befor the Broadcast option was added to the group settings.
doing this In stead of using the Broadcast mailbox option is insane for the following reasons:-

1) It is easier to create the group (& leave it OOS so that calls always route to VM)
2) It is easier to Maintain.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back