Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro: Hunt Group VM and Visual Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjt20one

Technical User
Oct 31, 2008
US
VM Pro and IPO 500. 4610 phones.

I have a group of four extensions in a hunt group. None of these users have individual vm boxes and all are responsible for checking the hunt group vm box (we'll call it x1000).

My goal is to be able to use Visual Voice on each of the four extensions and have the message waiting lamp illuminate when there is a new message. Is this possible? Below is my current setup.

I have Visual Voice as a feature button on all extensions and I have "Voicemail On" checked in each of the user's Voicemail tab in Manager. In each user the Source Number tab has V1000 as the only entry.

With this setup VV does not work. You enter the passcode for the 1000 mailbox and it takes but it does not show any new messages. The message lamp does not illuminate when there is a new message. When I dial *17 and enter mailbox + password I can access the messages in 1000.

Any ideas or should I just ditch Visual Voice in this scenario? Do I need to go into the VM Pro client and disable the individual mailboxes for the four extensions in the hunt group?

Turn of the voicemail for the users and add H1000 or Hname of group in the source number tab for the users who needs the voicemail.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back