Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Greetings and messages cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

allbizz

Vendor
Feb 8, 2006
US
Any one come accross VM pro issue with the vm greeting cutting off 1/2 way through and beeping to leave a message, also retreiving the message it happens less frequest. I have tried wiping out the user and VM folder and re creating them no luck. Thanks

make sure your nic card is set to the right settings to match the kind of data switch you are conntected to

Do you have analog lines going to the system? If so, what are your voicemail recording levels set at? Maybe they are too high and it is detecting a "dtmf" tone in the callers voice. Run debug and watch while a message is being recorded and see if it recognizes a tone just before it cuts them off.

i have also had the problem with not enough vm port liciences causing this, especially if you use an auto attendant in my experience when someone is hearing some prompt in auto attendant it uses a lic so if the call flow is heavy it will cause these sorts of issues

Regards
Steve

I have found that if the user vm greeting is not properly recorded and saved acordding to the vm instructions, it will not give you the beep to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back