Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAPhoneBrad

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
I'm having a problem where the VM pro is not recording messages, greetings and names correctly. If you talk too soon after hearing the beep signaling you to start talking it is not recorded. It's like there is a 2-3 full second delay before the PC actually starts recording the speech. Any ideas?

What build of Firmware/VM Pro?

There is a recent version which has this issue.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

There is a patch for this problem on 3.2.57 and 4.0.7. You should be able to get the patch from your reseller of avaya if you have direct access. I just had to apply this patch for both versions in the past week.

Down grade your VM Pro to the next earlier version. Not ideal but some of my resellers have done this to bypass the issue.

Obviously i advised them it wouldnt be supported but they wouldnt wait for the PB to come so did it anyway.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Thanks for the replies!!!

Yep I installed 3.2.57 on the IPO and 3.2.33 on the VM. I will try lowering the VM one release to see if that corrects it, I'm just hoping it does not break something else.

Thanks Again,
Brad

Call your Business Partner and get the private build.

Wait a for the new maintenance builds, these are scheduled for today

You call roll back to the previous 4 dot version or move ahead to the new December release. That should work. We had the same issue.... with 4.0.18 vmpro
tmsiguy

In the main menu, and in all the user/HG boxes have the users tell the caller in their outgoing message to wait 4 seconds after the beep before they start talking, lol. Just kidding.

I would say get off the release you are on, just do not go with anything other than a maint release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back