Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM-Pro Counter add +1 for every call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0lle

Programmer
Dec 12, 2013
SE
Hello!
I have a customer with a SuperExtraMegaExpensive support-line.

Every time someone accepts the billing, an email is sent from voicemail pro.
The customer wants every call accepting this billing to have a "counter-number".

I tried generic "counter increment" 1 and then $COUNTER1 in the email-action but every email says "1".

Please tell me I'm stupid..

BR

the counter is only for that particular call and every call would start with 1.

You would need to do data base integration that sets the counter and hopefully associates it with the caller ID so that you can read it out other ways as well.

I suck at database integration but there are some guys here that are really great and if you have issues can most likely help with it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

You could use a user variable, their value is preserved between calls, but it would still be pointless. Apart from having a "number" in the email what's the point if you can't link that number back to something like the call record in the calllog! - or more bluntly "what are you trying to achieve with the number"? The time, date and callers CLI in the email are more useful to both parties to track billing and match it to a particular call.

There is also a $CID variable which is supposedly unique to each call the voicemail server handles (though annoyingly different from the Call ID the IP Office assigns to each call).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

User variable is probably the best way to do it as the CallID (not Caller ID) is reset after a reboot of the phone system

Nice one sizbut

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thanks for your answers.
I agree it's just stupid to number them when you have the time,date and CLI. Could just create a random email-inbox and count the emails if you would like to know the total amount.

I thought it was an easy fix when my customer asked for it, and also curious how to set it up. User variable might be the solution if they persists!

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back