Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro AutoAttend not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodie41

Technical User
Oct 24, 2011
US
We have an IPO 500v2 R8 with VM Pro Server. I am setting up the module for AA and I created a SC *90 to connect to AA but when I dial *90 it does not go to AA. It goes to VM. I set the IP address in the Manager for the PC. Are there any other settings I need to check? Any help will be appreciated.

SC feature AA is for embedded messaging. You need *90 voicemail collect "Name of AA Module". How are you routing calls to the AA? Incoming call route, start point off a hunt group, user forwarded.....?

also the first you need to do after crating the AA module is record the entry prompt, otherwise you are spinning your wheels.

In the VM Pro I created a module AuotAttend and I recorded the entry point and placed it in the Menu action. I then went to the IP Manager and created a
short code
SC *90
Voicemail Collect
"AutoAttend"
When I dial *90 it enters the mail box of the phone.

Don't use the name autoattend or AA, use something different like MainAttend or Test etc, also no do not use vm node action that is for vm pro shortcode start points not modules :)

I changed the name of the module but it is still doing the same. I dial *90 and it goes to VM not to AA. It does show the name of the module in the display but does not go to the AA

Then you have done something wrong.

Voicemail collect
"Modulename"
Line id 0

Sometimes you need to use "?Modulename"

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Can't be the same name as a group either, this does work, never had it not work unless I have made a silly mistake or something :)

I did as you suggested and changed the module name with the ? and it still goes to VM and not AA. I know these steps are simple and I have followed the instructions according to the Avaya lessons and now I have turned to TT and it still does not work. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

What version ofVM pro you said 8 but 8 . what?

there is a bug in 8.0 version simlar to what your talking about.. It has something to do with making changes in VM and then doing save and make live. You get a recording "your call is be answered by IP office". Try to restart services.. There is a patch you can get from Avaya if it is that issue..

The Versioin is 8.0.1011 and you are right aobut what is happening. I did check the Avaya web site and this version is the last version before 8.1 but I did not see any patches for 8.0.1011

Woodie41, there is a newer version for 8.0 (8.0.46 and belonging VMPro)
This version will fix this problem.
Normally a save and make live will be activated when VMPro is idle but your version does not do that.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks tlpeter. I will search for that version.

SC *90
Voicemail Collect
"AutoAttend"
When I dial *90 it enters the mail box of the phone.

Should the Short code assigned to access the AA be Auto Attendant and not Voicemail collect

S/c *90
AutoAttendant.
VM:Name of your AA for PRO
AA:Name of your AA embedded version

a shortcode will be accessed with Voicemail Node and the name of the shortcode in the telephone number field
the AutoAttendant shortcode is for embedded and the telephone number field is AA:whateveryounameit to send it to the auto attendant in embedded

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Upgraded and now it works perfect. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back