Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Announcement (Post Dial) Spam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
Hey all,

Was wondering if someone could help me brainstorm this issue. Have a client where if a call comes in and this HG is busy, calls will go into queue, this will trigger a post-dial action after 20 seconds in the first queue (post-dial sends a WAV to a paging group), and then after 20 seconds it will trigger another post-dial action in the "still queue" that does the same thing as the first post-dial action.

The problem is that if they have multiple callers in queue who came in at different times, this post-dial action will trigger, for example, every 2-5 seconds depending on when the calls came in.

The makeup of the queue and still queue,
- Queue -> Menu (timeout) -> post-dial action to paging -> disconnect
- Still Queue -> post-dial action to paging -> disconnect

Caller 1 calls in, goes into queue, after 20 seconds the first post-dial action comes into play -> after 20 seconds more the second post-dial action comes in.
Caller 2 calls in 2 seconds after, goes into queue, etc
Caller 3 calls in 3 seconds after, etc.

In the example above, it will spam the post-dial action... causing the paging group (which houses the overhead speaker) to spam a Wav file which annoys the client.

The only possible solution I can think of is to turn on "synchronize calls" in the queue huntgroup. I know certain things won't work with "synchronize calls" turned on...and we will test it out.

Anyone have any other suggestions so that it doesn't spam the Wav? Instead it should trigger the post-dial every 20 seconds regardless of when the calls came in or how many there are?

Synch the calls is I guess a good thought but the initial announcement is not synched so you still get the duplicates from that

I can only think of something that I can't entirely put together but maybe it gives you enough pointers and I might be completely off here.

Set the $CP0 with the first calls "Call ID" (not caller ID) by comparing if the call ID has been set already

allowing that call only to page via a comparison of Call ID

Set a timer (timer would be the announcement timer +5 seconds or so) for that call ID only to be allowed to trigger the paging

if the call is not coming then the timer will reset the Call ID entry to nothing and the next call would then set the Call ID again

Not sure if that is something that would work but sounds on first thought that it could.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Westi,

Right or Wrong, I always appreciate your input. I'll test this out in our lab and see if it works.

Currently it seems to be working with Synchronize Calls turned on.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back