Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro and DuVoice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMIPO

Programmer
Aug 13, 2008
US
Have a customer that has a large site wanting IP Office IP500 with 3- 23 Channel PRI's. All calls to main number will go through auto attendant first before live body. VM Pro maxes at 30 Ports and customer is expecting high call volume 2 PRI's will be strictly incoming (46 channels) the customer wants to make sure that he has adequate VM Ports for the incoming as wells as to do light selective call recording max of 2-3 at one time plus people getting messages through phones. Is it possible to use a duvoice 48 port for the VM and use VM Pro for the call recording functionality. I knnow that 48 ports is over kill for 128 stations but this customer is very unsure that 30 is enough and will not use just VM Pro alone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Customer also has a call manager qoute and will not go that route due to pricing.

Wait for 5.0
Then you can have 40 ports for vm pro
For call recording i would use a call recorder on the trunks instead of vmpro is they have not enough ports

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

expecting and actually getting 40 'simultaneous' calls is over estimating in my experience. If he has 46 channels coming in and it takes 3 minutes on average to deal with each customer, then he will get calls for the first 3 minutes, then every other call will get busy for the next 3, as there will be no more incoming channels to avail of. If he is correct, then your customer will need a lot more lines, at least double.

A call to AA is freed from AA as soon as they press an option, bar announcements, assisted transfer, whisper, etc.

What I would do is license maybe 20 or less channels, see how it works for the first while, watching congestion, but allow a fallback destination so no call is missed. You can always add a license to upgrade in a matter of hours if needed.

For call recording, if you record trunk side you will need to record 46 lines and if you want to know which user was on the call you will also need an smdr integration.

If it is only for 3 or 4 users/lines/incoming routes then use voicemail pro, if it isn't congested already! Otherwise, put in a few IP phones and install an IP recorder, Redboxrecorders.com which have offices worldwide do a nice (no pun intended) solution for this.

As with most new bussinesses they have a tendency to overestimate the expected response. When v5 as tlpeter says comes out, 40 ports used correctly will allow for excellent expansion.

Thanks for the input i agree that 30 ports should be adequate. i am going to go with VM Pro at full 30 ports as that is what the customer is requesting. He shouldn't have any congestion but if he does 5.0 will be out and he can buy 10 more ports. Thanks for yalls insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back