Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro and Conf Meetme 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinxs

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
I am on server edition 11.0.4.1.0 build 11. I noticed when I tried a transfer action in voicemail pro to a conference meet me short code the call will disconnect with an outside call. If I just dial a short code internally to the menuConf module, the call will transfer as it should. I contacted Jenne about it this morning and I was told to escalate it to AVAYA...which I have done.

Has anyone else noticed this? I have tried to send the call with a transfer and assisted tranfer action. Both actions disconnect the call.

May not be much help, but have a few things to narrow down your issue if you haven't done this already.

Change your VMPro transfer to go to your ext, does that work?
If Yes...(Its not the transfer function)
Change the shortcode to be transfer to your ext, does that work?
If Yes..(Its not the shortcode function)

If you have a spare DID, you could try sending that directly to the conference meet me code.

The above may not directly fix the issue, but could help troubleshoot and more specific info to Avaya.

Good Luck!

System-->Telephony --> Drop Impromptu external only conferences.

| ACSS SME |

My bets are on Pepp77
Avaya increases the security all the time and so that is the most logical thing.
OR
can you dial your shortcode from an internal phone

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

@Pepp77 - Didn't know that even existed. Nice one!

Combining this with Jinxs's issue, I'm assuming it will also prevent a "external only" conference call from starting. The description just states when the last internal user disconnects.

My setting is "ON", but I've not had any reports of issues, but perhaps we always have someone internal in first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back