Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro and Analog call waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

azizaadam

Technical User
Mar 1, 2006
US
I am running IP406 v3 with 5 analog phone lines with VM Pro. I am wondering if it is possible to enable call waiting on these lines.

What I mean by that is, if all 5 phone lines are in use, and a sixth caller calls in, they currently receive a busy signal. Call waiting is turned on by the phone line carrier. Is there any way for the IP Office to essentially "click over" and have the autoattendant pick up the sixth caller rather than the caller receiving a busy signal.

Thank you.

You will hear the call waiting beep while on a call - you would be able to answer it with a flash or recall button programmed on the set but if you ignore it the IPO doesn't recognize it so the caller will never get an auto attendant. Call waiting is a bad feature for business lines. I recommend adding more additional lines in the rollover/hunting from the telco if callers are complaining about busy signals.

dphoneguy24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back