Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro 4.0 User Mailbox Randomly Does Not Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURLYMAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
I have a SOE 4.0 that I recently upgraded (along with VM Pro) and every once in a while some users mailboxes will not answer. The only solution is to reboot the VM Pro server or (in this most recent case) I rebooted teh IPO and the problem goes away. Very inconsistent results with 4.0 VM. This last time it happened (about 1 hour ago) I had (2) users whose mailboxes would not pickup and (1) user who did not have a problem. The IPO/VM server have not been rebooted or re-configured for the past 3 days. Not sure what this is all about but if anyone has any insight!!!! P.S. When I call into the IPO and transfer to the users mailbox that does answer and then hit a *8 and transfer myself to a users mailbox that does not answer it amazingly ANSWERS!!!! But immediately dialing into the VM and transferring directly to the problem user the mailbox will not pickup!!!! Does make much sense (all calls were tested inbound on POTS lines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back