Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM hangup before finishing outgoing announcement on outside calls only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew2400

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2007
US
Okay, so I am certainly not an Asterisk guru by any stretch of the imagination. I have a client that uses it however and they are experiencing a strange problem. An incoming caller will select an option that forwards to a particular extension, the phone rings and then is goes to VM. The VM plays a message similar to "Extension 105" then hangs up. This is on outside calls only (internal rings and goes to VM without issue). It should be noted however, that on internal calls to that extension, VM plays the users outgoing message. External/outside calls here the "Extension..." outgoing message (although not in it's entirety).

What would be causing this?

I did have the user re-record their outgoing message and still not working. I should also point out that this happens on a few of the users and not all.

Any ideas?

Have not heard of this. I have had some strange things happen before though.
I would remove the extension and rebuild it. I have had this resolve issues before.
Logging into the system with something like putty and going to the Asterisk CLI to watch a incoming call process can also help understand what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back