Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Greetings that can't be removed/replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmpas

Technical User
Mar 24, 2018
US
Hello Everyone:

I have a Nortel BCM system and we use a "night service" which seems to send messages to the General Delivery mailbox. The issue is after hours of work and reading we have been unable to replace the Greeting. The Primary and Alt greetings playback exactly as recorded and wanted but the active...current message is NOWHERE to be found. I can not find any trace of it except when you call in and hear it. I think I have tried it all. There is a CallPilot attached to the system but it appears it is not controlling as the prompts for the mailbox look like Norstar VM prompts. I thought maybe it was the AA but there are no recordings that appear to be setup on AA.

I am exhausted and totally lost. Can anyone offer help to get rid of this message and replace it with the primary or alt?

Thanks,

David

do Ftr 980 and test each mailbox. then you'll find it. Note the name and cross reference it under ftr 983 or callpilot

If you don't find it, then perhaps its a greeting in a AA table

You did not mention where you tried to change the greeting.

Based on 3 digit system: General Mailbox is usually 100 but sometimes somebody will create mailbox 221 so check those first.

If you are talking about a main greeting rather than a mailbox greeting then 3 places to look:
-AA/Greetings/X
-AA/TableX/Menu Prompt
-CCRX/Path 0

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back