Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM for operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonelady

Vendor
Feb 27, 2004
US
Hello all.
I have searched for an answer on this forum and have possible missed it??
Here is what I am trying to do.
Customer has a Magix and all calls are answered by the AA. (Merlin Messaging)They want the DLC console to have VM just in case the call can not be answered by 6 rings. I tried doing this and the call never goes to vm. I created a vm box for the oper extension and gave it coverage. I changed the 0 out option from the CASO to the extension and also changed the transfer return time in the system to 0. Also changed the vm cover delay for the oper. ext. to 6. What am I missing here?? Thanks in advance.

Is the Operator also covered by anyone else? - If so, that could make the delay MUCH longer than 6. I would, just for a test, shorten that down to 2 and see how it acts.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

The transfer return time/rings needs to be higher than the Group Cover rings, or it's not going to goto cover.

Often I set coverage for the operator extension to route to the AutoAttendant during day, and General MB if office is not occupied at night,
and use an adjunct ext with primary cover and a mailbox added to the DLC.

You can then set Dial 0 timeout to the operators personal extension that has a mailbox. This way, the operator also has a personal extension and a mailbox.
Only drawback is no mssg light for the personal ext. You can set outcalling ON to notify operator of messages.
Just a thought ....

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back