Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Features not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukiebob

Vendor
Aug 22, 2002
US
Swapped Norstar VM units for a customer when his 2 port NAM started acting up (replacement unit is a 2 port Flash). Everything worked fine for a couple of weeks and now the Flash is doing the same thing....i.e. when you do F985 (or any of the other feature codes) it comes back with an error that the feature is inactive. Which means the system doesn't see the voice mail.

Since the Flash voice mail is attached to the same port on the KSU as the NAM was, is it possible that the KSU has some problems in its' software? Or is there some other issue?

I would move to a new port that seems like the thing that both units had in common. Before you move it go into Maintenance and see if the ports show the Falsh on them.

I'm having a similar problem. Our VM (Startalk) system has been working fine for about two months. All of a sudden I get Inactive Feature when I access the VM. 981, 983, 985, 987 getting the same error. Did notice an alarm to the main phone 50-3. I've tried everything but replace the flash card. Nothing is working. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

I am having the same problem after a power outage in our building..... Anyone know what to do to activate these again? I rebooted to Voicemail Unit, but no luck....

OK, mine was fixed by doing a reboot (cycle power) on the VM module.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back