Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM failover issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFrey

Programmer
Dec 20, 2009
US
Got a server edition R9.1.10.0 with a primary, secondary and 3 expansions. Primary is remote to the secondary and the expansions, its all connected through VPLS. Whenever connection is lost to the primary the secondary VM takes over but never gives control back to the primary when they can talk again. So right now SSA shows both VMs active. Problem is both expansions see secondary as the centralized vm server and any DID calls sent to the primary server extensions go straight to VM on the secondary. This is like the 5th time this has happened and the only way I have found to resolve it is a complete system reboot. I ve tried stopping the vm services on both in many different orders with no success, reboot is the only thing I've found that fixes it.

ssa_xub8vs.png

What is the voicmail Failback Option set to. Try setting it to Automatic.

If that works then it begs the question why is SMTP synch from the secondary to the primary not being completed within an hour of the primary recovering.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Its is set to Graceful. There were no SMTP settings configured between the primary and backup VMs. Could that be the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back