Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Answers directly to the General Delivery MB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiephones

Technical User
Nov 11, 2007
US
Have a Customer with aNVM-(Fiber) Customer lost all power and when it came back, the Voice Mail does not answer with the AA greeting #1 (Morning,noon,night,& Non Bus) But goes directly to the General Delivery MB. Tried to duplicate in shop with another KSU & VM with no luck? Presenly I'm on my way to the site now. Just wondering if anybody knows about this,or even how to make it happen?

either the Fwd No Answer got reset or the DN for the Voicemail might have changed (defaulted back from whatever it might have migrated to) one more reason not to put the VM on a FM (assuming that it was in the first place)

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

jerry I think he means NAM is fiber. If anything changed due to a power loss it would be the KSU. Very unlikely NAM lost programming. Therefore, the KSU might have defaulted, which puts Lines 1, and 2 on all sets. One of these forwards to Vmail and defaults to GD. Just a guess, but need more info.

Adversity is Opportunity

Might be a shot in the dark, but try logging into the NAM w/ a PC using NVM Manager and verify the vmail prompt is checked.

I've run into issues where there's a pwr failure or just for no reason that box becomes unchecked.

Yes about the fiber NAM but there is a possibility that since the NAM is treated by the ICS as a station module (as far as DN's are concerned) the DN's might have jumped on the power reset. Only time I saw it was on a station mod but it is a possibility.

you are probably correct though in that one of the stations that dosen't have a VM is forwarding directly to VM probably on a Busy.

'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If AA is told to answer the lines and a greeting is not recorded it will go to the GD Mailbox

Dewey: you were right about the NAM (fiber) holding its program, all Greetings,MB's OK, except GD box was locked!The Power Ploblem was a 30-sec on/off surge.The company was using the AA greeting for answering calls, 221 (0) was assigned the GD box,and some other phones had ANS_DN's fromm 221.. Line rings were "0" I got the VM to answer lines with the correct Greetings,1,2,3,or 4 by in MICS lines programming setting the Fiber port "253" to PRIME LINE. I think i'm going to try to see if Tundra is right about having no greeting recorded if it goes to the GD..By the was Dewey the MICS did not default to (2 Lines)All the phones still had 7 lines in place (appear only) Thanks to everyone regarding this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back