Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM 4 Custom features

Status
Not open for further replies.

rendersman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2001
CA
Are there any hacks or addons available for the Norstar vm 4? Such as adding a PIN to a CCR or IVR type functions like polls, etc.

Thanks

What are you trying to accomplish?

Maybe there is a function within the Norstar or the Voice Mail that will allow you to do what you are trying to do WITHOUT having to modify a perfectly good working system. Dave McCall
Norstarpro

I would like to password protect a ccr tree level on VM4.

OK R9, this is ugly but you asked for it:

A thought to try.

Set up a real extention without a user. An ATA on a card machine is a good example because the card machine doesn't answer. Set that extention to be the attendant of the CCR you want to protect. Create a mailbox for the ATA but don't initialize it. Set the CFNA to 2. Then give the ATA's ext number to thos

R9 -
I see my post was cut off. I'll finnish it.
... to those who would get the password for the CCR. Then set the ATA to CFNA to the CCR. So when a call comes into another AA/CCR the ATA ext can be dialed and then default xfered to the CCR it is the attendant for. It is possible that the ATA will only default xfer to CCR/AA #1. If so use #1 as your hiddent tree. I havn't done this, won't do it, but if you do then post the results.

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back