Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VLAN issues 450-24t

Status
Not open for further replies.

dttusa

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2005
US
Hi

I am having issues setting up a simple VLAN with a 450. I think I set up 2 vlans on the first switch in the stack, the ports are 19-24, they are untagged members and I have am getting a wierd duplicate IP on the lan error from the firewall and nothing can ping anything on the segment. I have tried crossovers and regular patch cables.

Firmware and software at the latestest revs, I have a stack of 3 , 1 has an MDX 10/100 card that I am not really using. I have a medium sized internal network, a Checkpoint VPN edge firewall that has 2 wan interfaces, the baystack, on the wan side I have a cisco 2600 with a half a T1 and a Wireless wan interface

Any thoughts?

A 1 computer DMZ with a

PVID! that's our problem i think.. Change the PVID on the ports to reflect the vlan number (turn on auto pvid)

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back