Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VLAN cant ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rthB4n3

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2014
DE
my setup is a Summit24(SW1), a Summit48(SW2) and a BlackDiamond(BB) all switches are from extreme networks. In SW1 I set up a vlan with the Port 1 as untagged and the port 25 as tagged. The vlan tag is 2. in SW2 a vlan with port 48 as untagged port and port 50 as tagged port is set. the vlan id is 2 too. now port 50 of sw2 and port 25 of sw1 are connected to BB Port 5:1 and 5:2. sooo in bb port 5:1 and 5:2 are both in a vlan and added as untagged ports. now when i ping from a pc connected to sw1 port 1 to a pc connected to sw2 port 1 no pongs are getting back. you can see the flashing activity led on bb on the input interface but no flashin on the output inteface.

how do i get a connection or where did i go wrong ???

Hi mate !
I'm a kid on networking, but on BD the ports are working as uplink, right ? So I guess they need to be tagged VLAN ports.
Sw1 port 25, Sw2 port 50 and BD 5:1 and 5:2 need to be in VLAN2 tagged.
Try do it.

Claudio.

oClaudioX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back