Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vitrual Server 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdylan

Technical User
Mar 7, 2001
GB
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong category, wasn't sure where else to put it!

Anyway, was just wondering if it was possible to have TWO partitions on one Virtual Server? Would ideally like to have a C and an E drive.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Is that a sure you can have 2 partitions or sure you can shed some light on it!??

Would be grateful for some more info either way!

Thanks

First, let me point out that this is a VMWare forum, not a Microsoft Virtual Server forum so I will answer to the best of my ability.

Virtual Server runs on top of an MS OS. It does not matter how many partitions or drives you have. Once you create your virtual disk, the guest operating systems only see their disk.

If this is not exactly what you are looking for, please provide a little more clarity to your question.

I appreciate it is a vmWare forum and I did say that I wasn't sure where to put this thread, if you can let me know WHERE I should have started it then please let me know??

Thanks for the help you gave but I have solved the problem anyway. You have to create an additional virtual drive and then you can configure the VS to see it as another partition.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back