Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Studio v6.0 and 2005 compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mthales

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
GB
I have some old code that I have been maintaining and building using Visual Studio 6.0.

I have to make it run on a new system that has Visual Studio 2005 installed. What I did was take all the source to this system and converted the project to the newer visual studio. When I did this I got a lot of messages about deprecated functions and some link errors. I fixed these and the resulting executable works fine on the new system.

My question is - would the executable I have built from Visual Studio v6.0 have any problems running on the system with the newer visual studio? And would one built with visual studio 2005 have any problems running on older systems?

Thanks for any advice

--------------------------------------
Are respectable professionals in considerable peril merely by being in my presence?
---Emma the Mad (or the Well-Beloved)

Thanks for the reassurance on this one.

--------------------------------------
Are respectable professionals in considerable peril merely by being in my presence?
---Emma the Mad (or the Well-Beloved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back