Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Studio.Net Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2000
US
We are a small company with three developers accessing our development server. We all upgraded to Visual Studio.net for our development enviroment (we still don't run .net services, just using the development enviroment right now).

At first, we had problems where when we opened the single solution that we all shared, we would get message about it being edited by so in so and had problems. We came up with a method where we took the primary solution and saved copies for the other two developers (appending each persons initials to the solution name).

We recently have noticed a problem where one of the developers will loose a week or more worth of development work. Does anybody know why this may be happening or what we can do to prevent it (really don't like doing programming twice). Note that we are not running VSS.

I would recommend that you set up VSS. This will prevent any accidental overwriting of previously updated files. I had this problem where I used to work and we solved it by setting up a VSS server and connecting Visual Interdev to it.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back