Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Reports Field Picker from VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemEnger

Programmer
Apr 18, 2008
GB
I have quite easily managed, using the Macro Recorder to generate a Cube from MS Project that I can then import into MS Excel - using VisualReportsSaveCube.

However, I can't find a way (we don't use Project Server) to specify just one extra field (Task Active) that I would like to add to an 'Assignment Usage' cube - it would appear that the only option I have is to use ReportAllFields which is going to add way too many dimensions to the report and probably not display correctly as a result. The Macro Recorder completely ignored the fact that I used the Field Picker when creating my cube.

Can anyone please confirm if this is the case or otherwise point me to the method to add an extra field?

Many thanks,

Simon

Hi ChemEnger,

I am not a programmer and really can't assist much other than to suggest to post your question (please include Project Version) to the Microsoft forum for programming in Project:

I've taken a look at the VBA Editor and don't see anything that immediately pops our regarding Visual Reports. You can also directly export (through VBA) timescaled data to Excel. Portions of Rod Gill's book on Project VBA are also available on MSDN:

Module 19 is specifically about timescaled data - such as you get in an assignment cube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back