Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpetursson

Programmer
Jan 28, 2002
US
Is there any visual development environments out there for Java? Like microsofts visual basic, that allows you to place components where you wnat them, and let the computer spit out the proper code in the end for the component placement?

Kevin Petursson

I have a mind like a steel trap!
Nothing gets in,
Nothing gets out!
Just waiting for it to rust!

I'm looking for a program to run on Windows 98.

Kevin Petursson

I have a mind like a steel trap!
Nothing gets in,
Nothing gets out!
Just waiting for it to rust!

search google for

netbeans
jbuilder
eclipse

Its all down to how you feel about certain ide's.

I have to say though, if you are learning java, then the best approach is to use textpad/notepad and the standard javac.exe compiler shippped with the SDK. IDEs bring many problems if you do not know what you are doing code-wise, and its better to learn the core java APIs before utilising an IDE.

Look for SUN Java ONE Studio, is the really great.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

I myself don't like Visual J++, it looks very VB. I think J++ make my program platform dependent. Maybe I hat J++ and I love jdk

Me too, but he looks for something to work on W98, so let him decide which one he likes.

Cheers.

Dian

"This product was born out of the frustration of working with Swing GUIs which is anything but easy. Commercial (or free) designers failed to provide a good answer. After you created your first application with UICompiler, you will agree."

- bjorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back