Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Interdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMTS

Programmer
Oct 31, 2000
US
Does anyone have any insight about Visual Interdev?

I love it -- what would you like to know???

It makes it very easy for more than one person to work on a project, has all the keyword highlighting that programmers love to love -- and the dropdown boxes for known objects -- all that.

I really like, as well, how you can work in two modes, master or local -- if you work in master, the proggy automatically updates the server when you save locally -- in local mode, you have to tell it when to do the updates...

The list goes on and on -- as far as web development, it's the best I've found.
----
Paul Prewett

Can you be more specific.

As compared to any other software i have found it to be by far the best for ASP.
It allows for alot of automation just by using drag and drop methods.
I still code mostly by hand so i am not extremely farmiliar with where those capabilities lye.
Even though i code by hand i still find that aside from some problems with the automated forms i prefer to use it.
It will automate CSS for you, and using site diagram build all of your page links and keep them concurent with each page.

Hope this helps.

Micah A. Norman

Master is where it's at! =D

I have to agree with link9, i've tried to use other editors but I keep coming back to Interdev. Microsoft hit it on the head with this one for sure. Even the CSS editor (although a bit buggy) is still sweet.

If you have the object installed on your dev PC it'll show you the methods for it as well.

I really like it, goes well with a balanced breakfast. Batteries not included. =D Ed (RoadRacer) Holguin

"I Hate Computers!"

It seems to be great for asp programming, but a little klunky for design. I still use Macromedia Dreamweaver/Fireworks studio to do layouts and graphics, and when I begin programming, Interdev is the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back