Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Interdev ver. 6 question--updating files from server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hi all,
I hope this forum is suitable--there is indeed a visual interdev forum but it looks like the last answered question was 8 months ago.

Anyway, I'm working on a project from work and from home. When open my project from home, and right-click on the project and do "Get Latest Version", it does *not* get new files I created at the office.

Does VI not keep track of the files on the master web? Is there some other menu option I'm missing that will get all the latest files, not just updated versions of what was on my home machine?

I guess I could manually copy the files but that's kind of kludgey.
Thanks,
--Jim

Do you have the files under SourceSafe? Is that where it is pulling the files from? It's been a while since I last used InterDev but I vaguely remember something along that line...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason and free inquiry are the only effectual agents against error; they are the natural enemies of error and of error only.

Thomas Jefferson

Chopstik,
No, I'm not using sourcesafe. It just doesn't seem to have any way of knowing that a new file was created on a different machine.

I've been working around it by either just trying to remember when I create a new file and manually add it direct from the inetpub directory, or just waiting for the error message during testing.
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back