Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Interdev 6 and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2005
US
I installed Visual Studio 6 on my desktop running Windows XP. I use Visual Interdev to develop a web application (ASP). I use a local IIS server as the web server. I'm having problems using the debugger. I get the following error when I try to debug:

"Unable to find project on server. Unable to set server into correct debugging state automatically."

Can anybody help?

Thanks
M

In the IIS Admin MMC SnapIn, right click the web app and choose properties. Then click the "Configuration" button on the "Directory" tab on the property sheet. This will bring up the "Application Configuration" property sheet dialog... go to the "Debugging" tab and make sure the flags are set.

In my opinion, the dubugging feature is not worth the effort because most bugs are easy enough to find with Response.Write

Thanks. I made sure that both "Enable ASP Server-side script debugging" and "Enable ASP Client-side script debugging" are set. Debugging starts now and I don't get the error msg I used to get.

But, I have another problem! Breakpoints don't stop. The application does not stop on the breakpoints I set at all. There is a ? mark next to the breakpoints when I'm debugging and when I click on it, it says "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. The document is not loaded." Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make debugging work? Why is the breakpoint not working?

Thanks
M

Try this and see if it helps: thread117-730053

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
- Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back