Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual indicator for acd agents? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

afig

Programmer
Nov 30, 2007
US
I just deployed an acd setup and I was hoping there would be some sort of visual indication as to whether the agent is "made ready", but Im unable to find anything. Is this remotely possible?

In the Elite Call Center (built into CM), you can assign either an Auto-In or Manual-In button. These are your "ready" buttons. The "Not Ready" is the AUX-Work button. The light next to the button will light Green when the feature is active. So an Agent would be "ready" if their Auto-in/Manual-In button was Green, and "Not Ready" if the Aux-Work button was green.

If you have something else then you're probably not going to get any visual indicator on the phone, especially if you are logging in via a web page or other device.

@ZeroZeroOne

thats just...nuts. Its almost like it'd take more engineering to NOT show a status indicator of some sorts. In this scenario, they're using autodial FACs on 9611s. I wish there was some backdoor trick to make an indicator...

You can replace the autodial FACs for auto-in and aux-work with the actual function buttons and therefore get the indicators you're looking for.

It's actually pretty standard. But I'm referencing the Call Center Elite, with Expert Agents and assigned Skills. Skills (hunt groups) are assigned to the Agent ID and the Agent ID is then logged into the phone. This allows for one Agent to take calls from multiple skills and provides a lot of extra programming capabilities in the vectors.

You didn't specify the CM version or what flavor of call center so perhaps you are just using the Basic functions where you log the station into the split. Each phone can log into... a maximum of three splits? I don't really work with the basic functions so perhaps someone else can provide a better answer.

CM 10.1, I believe its just basic functions. I have them logged into multiple skills, not sure how relevant that is for ya

@Sean655

I was attempting that earlier, but I kept getting an error message through asa.

So I am an idiot

What @Sean655 was saying was correct. When I was trying to add "auto-in" and "aux" into the buttons, I'd try and add the group number, and I'd get the "EAS..." error. I thought that I was setting it up wrong, but in reality that group number wasn't required. So I do now have indicators using the right buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back