Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual FoxPro 9.0 SP1 "Resource File Version Mismatch" error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmappa

Programmer
Jan 21, 2001
AU
I have installed Visual FoxPro 9.0 SP1. After installing this when I try to run exe file I am getting these 2 errors 1. "Resource File Version Mismatch" 2. "Visual FoxPro cannot start. Could not load resources". I have re-complied the project. Still I am getting the same error. Please help to fix this problem. Thanks

It sounds like there is a mismatch between the compiling environment and the target one - perhaps there are runtime support files 'closer' (in search path terms) to the runtime executable which are from the wrong service pack.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There was indeed a change in the resource files between VFP 9.0 and VFP 9.0 SP1.

If you are seeing this error on the machine where you installed Visual Foxpro, your best bet would be to uninstall it and re-install it, then re-upgrade to SP1.

If the error is on a different computer, you need to copy the VFP runtime files to that computer, and re-register them. The easiest way to do that is to use InstallShield Express (which comes with VFP) to create a set distribution files.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

This error usually occurs when a copy of the VFP runtime files are installed in the wrong location, typically \Windows\System32. What happens is that the app starts, it loads the VFP runtime in the correct location (\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP) and the runtime then looks for its resource file (VFP9ENU.DLL). It finds that file in \Windows\System32 because that's the first place it looks, and since that DLL doesn't match the run time (for example, the runtime in \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP is VFP 9 SP1 while the resource in \Windows\System32 is VFP 9 RTM), you get this error.

The solution is to delete any VFP9*.* files in \Windows\System32.

Doug

Thanks to every one for very useful information. I have used DougHennig method. This works.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back