Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual dBase May Have Become Unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

CbdJax

Programmer
Jul 21, 2008
US
This doesnt happen often but it is happening. What on earth is causeing this error message to appear. You have no choice but to back out or dBase backs you out to your desktop, sometimes with corrupted files, databases, etc... Is anyone experiencing these problems ??? Would sure love some insite. Where is Alan Katz when you need him !!!!!! LOL Mark

I have the exact same problem going on within our org. Very intermittent, but when it happens it is an every 30 min occurrence. HELP! (Visual Dbase 5.7)

Well, i'll keep you up to date. This is what I spent the last 12 hours doing: COMPILING AGAIN!! But I did find about 10 errors messages that I was unaware of. I have a "System Menu" that everyones signs in thru, so I compiled the entire project. Looked into the *.RSP file and everywhere there was an "*" I had a glitch.. So one file at a time, all my *prg, *wfm, *cc, *h. Over 175 files. It is very time consuming, tedious and it took me a while to get the hang of it. NOWHERE in your *RSP does it give you an indication of WHERE the problem lies, no pointer. I held onto the initial *.RSP, and when I started compiling each screen I made up a differnt single file, "test.rsp", made it "notepad" readable and dragged it onto my desktop. I made dBase small enough that I could just reach up and click on the file each time I compiled. Then started tracking the glithes like that. I know it sounds like a long way around the barn but I had <AlertMessage()> boxes bad, not all, just a few... no earthly clue why. Same with <ConfirmationMessage()>. I did however miss a few coding mistakes that I would have NEVER FOUND. Just in a hurry or distracted. I'll be the first to admit I am no professional but I never received ANY compile errors while building. BUT < I never did what I did today with each window or program I was writing (looking into the RSP file.)> SHAME ON ME!!!! I left it up to the compiler to tell me if there was an issue. DUMN, DUMB, DUMB. So far, so good, no stability issues. You can find out real quick if you compile everything you have one time. The answer will be in *.RSP........ Mark

Should have went to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back