Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual C++ ColdFusion Tag Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamez05

Programmer
Jul 29, 2005
US
I need to write a custom tag in ColdFusion that accesses
a DLL. I'm on a Windows operating system. I have found some information that says Visual C++ has a ColdFusion tag wizard that I should use to accomplish this task.

I have a couple of questions that I need help with:

1. Does anyone know if Visual C++ 2005 Express addition Beta comes with the ColdFusion wizard?

2. You are suppose to install ColdFusion server and then Visual C++ in order to access the wizard. The problem I'm having is the server is not local. Does anyone know where I can get directions to install the ColdFusion tag wizard?

I've been trying to find this information on the Web through Google,ColdFusion forums and from Microsoft, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks

James

The cold fusion tag wizard is installed from the Cold Fusion installation CDs it is not part of the VC++ environment.

You will probably want a test server locally for debugging if your tag is much beyond simple stuff, or you could write a little wrapper program to call the CF Tag and test it.

jeb Beasley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back