Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual C++ 6.0 & Crystal 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpenBabe

Programmer
Sep 25, 2000
GB
Has anyone got any more info on how to use RDC with Visual C++ 6.0 than the measly two and a half pages that comes in the Seagate Developer's Guide [sig][/sig]

The FAQ Seagate Documents has a RDC link - their web site is usually a better source of developer documentation than is their printed or online help. [sig][/sig]

Seagate doesn't seem to have anymore documentation for VC++ besides a couple of example programs.

If you are using Crystal Reports 8 checkout the Salaries sample program provided on the installation CD. This sample imports the craxdrt.tlb.

Another sample program that might be useful for version 8 I found on the Seagate website in the Online Support section. Search for SCR_C++_RDCEvents.exe in the 'Download files and updates' section. This example imports the craxdrt.dll.

I haven't tested these programs out on version 8 yet as I'm still developing in version 7 until we release our product. For the moment I'm testing out switching from using CRPE API calls to using the RDC for Crystal Reports version 7 and am running into problems in trying to set the subreport database location.

I tried importing version 7 of craxdrt.dll but it resulted in errors when I compiled, so I tried using a header file (crvb60ri.h) from a downloaded sample (rdc7_cpp.exe). This seemed to work fine until I tried to set the report object that I found to be of kind subreport to a subreport object. Conversion errors resulted, and I'm still waiting for a reply from Seagate support.
[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back