Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Basic Upgrade Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkwaters

Programmer
Feb 16, 2003
GB

I have a program that I made in VB and created an installshield project for. This program got distributed and installed by some reps.

I made another program, completely seperate of the first, the only thing in common is the signiture it uses (that box that comes up if you run a program off the web).

This only seems to happen for people running XP service pack 2, but when they run the new app from our website, it kicks off the old app's installer! Furthermore, after that has happened, the old app kicks off the installer to!!!

I've seen this happen with office premier before, where any MS program you run kicks off the premiere install, and after cancelling it a number of times, you're program eventually runs.

Firstly, how can I stop this happening in the future?

Secondly how can I stop it happening on peoples machines that already have it happening?

This is quite urgent as I know i'm going to have a load of users phoning me first thing monday morning, so ANY clues at all would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back