Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Basic Setup issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

netizen

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
IN
Hi! All,
I've created a setup for an application developed using VB6. This app has few crystal reports done with version 7. Now the setup works on my machine properly but with one installation error msado25.tlb where it gives 'Abort', 'Ignore', 'Retry'. I just say ignore and it completes on my machine.

Q1). How can i avoid getting this error message while installing? I'm using Setup wizard of Visual Studio 6.

Q2). On Some machines where Crystal reports are not installed there are some DLL problems! typically what DLL's do i need to include when i make VB app setup that has Crystal reports 7/8.5 or whatver. Is there a way we can create a setup which uses Crystal reports 7 and that can work anywhere when installed. Please guide me what DLL's if any do i need to take care of? I was told the setup program automatically picks up all the DLL's automatically! Anway's please let me know ths answers for these questions!

regards
netizen

Not too sure about Q1 but I would try installing the latest version of MDAC.

With the professional version of CR8 and later there is a file Runtime.hlp on the CD. Also Business Objects Crystal knowledgebase has some helpfull info. As a starting point go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back